WARNING : Little Boy Will Lose 75% Of His Eyesight Because Of Small Toy You Probably Have In Your House!

WARNING : Little Boy Will Lose 75% Of His Eyesight Because Of Small Toy You Probably Have In Your House!

You have probably played with this “toy” at least once in your life, as it is very popular among children, and even adults, but health officials in Australia have a warning for parents around the world: laser pointers are not toys.

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported Thursday that a Tasmanian teenager had lost 75 percent of his vision as a result of shining a laser pointer in his eyes while playing with it. As a result, optometrists are warning parents of the dangers associated with something that many consider just a toy.

 

Optometrist Ben Armitage was called by the 14-year-old boy’s family physician to investigate why the boy was having difficulty with seeing. It soon became clear.

The teen’s family reported that the boy didn’t experience any pain after the laser was pointed at his eye, but his vision was affected immediately after. His eyes were burned near the macular. That means his blindness will probably be permanent.

The worst thing is that all of this was happening in front of the parents’ eyes, who consciously participated in his visual impairment.

In many countries, these lasers are a normal phenomenon in the toy stores, but it should be noted that many of them sell lasers with a much lower power. This little boy’s case is unfortunate, because his parents purchased an extremely strong laser.

source: sportonlinegroup.com


Help us: Please share if you like!
Partager